Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf with Salted Egg is a delicious Southern Vietnamese dish that is quite simple to make and perfect as both a side dish or a main dish.
In the South of Vietnam, people serve a slice or wedge of Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf with Salted Egg with rice and has a similar texture as a soft yet moist cake.
The combination of fresh ingredients blended into a meatloaf will cook beautifully with the end product moist and tender yet also crunchy to make it more exciting.
Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf with Salted Egg is often also served with grilled pork, shredded pork skin, and all together served with broken steamed rice as a delicious plate of rice.
This southern Vietnamese dish can be served as breakfast, lunch or dinner. For different variations, you can add some crab meat instead for a fancier version called Cha Cua.
Join us in the kitchen as we give this recipe a try and show you the steps to create a delicious Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf with Salted Egg side dish!
Ingredients for a Vietnamese Egg Meatloaf:
- 30gr shallots
- 10 gr glass noodles
- 150gr ground pork.
- 4 eggs
- 30gr sliced wood ears
- 2 salted eggs
- Broth mix, sugar, pepper
- Separate the yolk and white of 2 eggs.
- Prepare a medium-sized basin. Add minced shallots, glass noodles, ground pork, 2 egg whites, 2 eggs, wood ears and a tbsp of water.
- Add ½ tbsp of broth mix, ½ tbsp of sugar and ½ tbsp of pepper.
- Mash 2 salted eggs and add them to the mixture.
- Use your hands to mix all the ingredients. Put in a glass or ceramic bowl and steam the meatloaf for about 5 minutes.
- Poke a chopstick inside the meatloaf. If the mixture is not wet and sticks to the chopstick, it is cooked.
- Whisk 2 egg yolks, then brush the yolks on top of the meatloaf.
- Continue to steam until the surface is dry.
- Serve with steamed rice or broken rice with a grilled pork chop (Cơm tấm).
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt