Ontario Extends State of Emergency to July 15, Parts of Windsor-Essex Region Moves To Stage 2

On Wednesday morning, Premier Doug Ford announced that the motion to extend the state of emergency has passed the legislature at Queen’s Park. 

The latest extension will see the State of Emergency orders extended until July 15, as the Premier hopes this is the last extension of the emergency declaration. 

After the state of emergency expires, the Ontario will not be able to make new emergency orders, change them, or re-enact old orders.

However, existing emergency orders that have been put in place can be extended if needed.

As such, many of the emergency orders made under the state of emergency declaration are expected to continue even after the July 15 deadline including bans on large social gatherings. 

Local medical officers and health officials will still have certain powers through the Health Protection and Promotion Act, which has been used in some areas that made wearing face coverings a requirement in commercial establishments. 

The news to extend the emergency order comes after the province as announced that Toronto and Peel Region, two of the most heavily populated regions, move into Stage 2 of the Ontario’s COVID-19 recovery plan as of today. 

This allows for businesses such as hairstylists, pools, tour guide services to resume in both Toronto and Peel Region. 

Additionally, restaurants in these regions will now be allowed to reopen their patios for dine-in services just in time for the summer. 

However, the Ontario government emphasized that proper physical distancing measures must be maintained to prevent spikes in COVID-19 cases. 

Premier Doug Ford Provides Updates for the Windsor-Essex Region

Earlier this week, Windsor-Essex was the only region in Ontario that remained in Stage 1 of the COVID-19 recovery plan following the spike in COVID-19 cases on farms in the region. 

On Wednesday afternoon, Premier Doug Ford announced that Windsor-Essex will move into Stage 2 of reopening except for the regions of Leamington and Kingsville. 

The reopening of businesses in Windsor-Essex will be permitted on Thursday as Premier Doug Ford and the cabinet meets this afternoon to sign off on the approval to reopen. 

During his daily updates, Premier Doug Ford said that the number of COVID-19 cases in Kingsville and Leamington are still too high to be considered for Stage 2. 

However, the Premier said that his government will continue to work to help reduce the number of COVID-19 cases in Leamington and Kingsville so they can also reopen in the days to come. 

“We’re going to be able to open up Kingsville and Leamington once these numbers come down,” says the Premier. 

Premier Doug Ford went to twitter to also announce that the province will be launching a 3-point plan to help stop COVID-19 outbreaks in Windsor-Essex following the spikes in cases on farms and the community. 

“We’re going into the farms and we’re testing now,” said the Premier at Queen’s Park. 

When asked about when Kingsville and Leamington will get the green light to reopen Premier Doug Ford said, “Let’s see how the testing goes over the next few days”. 

“Right now we need to work together to support the rest of Windsor-Essex so that all of Ontario can get back on track,” said Ford.

Ontario COVID-19 Cases

Confirmed cases: 34,016 (+216)

Recovered cases: 29,336

Deaths: 2,631

This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt

#seesomething, saysomething

Culture Magazin magazine always wants to listen and receive contributions from readers.
In case you submit articles about your ideas, interesting social events or hot news that you would like to share with us, email us at info@culturerus.com or inbox us at the FB page – https://www.facebook.com/culturemagazin.
Try our test reporter once. Quality articles will be selected and posted on Culturemagazin’s website and official social networking sites!
#seesomething, saysomething

Discover

Bài Liên Quan

This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt