- 500g ground pork
- 200g red tomatoes (about 2-3 tomatoes)
- 250g jicama, finely diced
- 20gr minced garlic
- 1 cup white bread crumbs (about 3 slices of sandwich)
- Scallions and coriander
- Oyster sauce
- Soy sauce
- Broth powder
- Sugar and ground pepper
- Cooking oil
- Mix ground pork with 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, minced scallion and coriander, 10gr of minced garlic and 1 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Add minced jicama and bread crumbs. Mix by hand and combine well.
- Season mixture with pepper, salt and broth powder to your preference.
- Keep mixing and kneading to enhance stickiness and prevent ingredients from falling apart.
- Form into bite-sized balls. Steam for 15 minutes until the meatballs are cooked and tender.
- Cut shallow crosses on the bottom of the tomatoes. Cover in water and boil for 5 minutes. Take out, let chill, and peel skins.
- Put cooking oil in a heated pan and fry 10gr of minced garlic until fragrant. Smash the tomatoes evenly using a potato masher.
- Season sauce to your taste with sugar, broth powder, pepper, and soy sauce. Simmer until tomatoes are soft and smooth.
- Put steamed meatballs in the pan of sauce, stir carefully. Simmer for a few more minutes, until meatballs absorb the sauce.
- Put meatballs in bowls. Decorate with scallions. Serve with bread.
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt