This year’s holidays might differ from others due to social distancing restrictions amid the fight against COVID-19. However, there are still some activities that you can participate in. Drive-through events, where visitors contemplate twinkling tunnels and sparkly streets, deliver eye-catching rewards from the safety of your vehicle.
Polar Drive-Through Experience
Not only is it held at Toronto Pearson Airport, a convenient location, but the Polar is a multi-level drive through event suitable for all ages. You drive through a parkade’s six levels of unique Christmas stories. Each has its own theme, including a light tunnel, a magical winter wonderland, and a crystal cave. There is even a live Santa you can take photos of as you drive by. Tickets must be purchased from the event’s website and vehicle height is limited to 2.1 metres (7 feet 2 inches), including antennas.
- Time and location: Nov 27-Jan 3. Toronto, Pearson Parkade, 6145 Viscount Road, Mississauga, Ont.
- Price: $55/car Monday-Thursday, $65/car Friday- Sunday.
- Website: polar-drive.com
Magic of Lights
Using modern LED technology, digital animation, and unique light effects, Magic of Lights features favourite holiday scenes and characters. Tickets will be charged per car instead of per person and a portion benefits the CHEO Foundation. There are two types of pricing: standard vehicles with less than three rows and those with more than three rows, like limos. Tickets can be purchased from the event’s website.
- Time and location: From Nov 13-Jan 09. Wesley Clover Parks, 411 Corkstown Drive, Nepean, Ont.
- Price: $20 for standard vehicles, $40 for limos and party buses.
- Website: magicoflights.com
Holiday Nights of Lights
This drive-through experience is a 2.25 km trip that takes around 30 minutes. There are more than one million LED lights along with drive-through tunnels and eye-catching effects that will excite both children and adults. Besides watching the lights, visitors can tune into FM 92.7 to listen to a Christmas playlist. Tickets are sold online.
- Time and location: Nov 20-Jan 07. Revel Park, 80 Interchange Way, Vaughan, Ont.
- Price: $25 for two people, $40 for any cars with up to five and $65 for any vehicles with up to eight people.
- Website: nightsoflights.ca
This Christmas, Glow Gardens transforms an outdoor part of Safari Niagara park into a wonderland of more than one million LED lights. Admire the beauty of a Christmas tree more than nine metres (30 feet) high and take some dazzling photos from the windows of your car. Like other light shows, Glow Gardens is a drive-through, non-interaction, and non-touching event that ensures visitors’ safety. Tickets are sold online.
- Time and location: From Nov 18-Jan 02. Safari Niagara, 2821 Stevensville Road, Fort Erie, Ont.
- Price: $30/car.Website: glowgardens.com
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt