- 300g pork, bacon or sirloin, thinly sliced
- 300g minced pork shoulder
- 20 lolot leaves
- 40 bamboo skewers, chopped vertically
- 1kg rice vermicelli
- Lettuce and coriander
- 20g shallots, chopped
- 10g garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp sugar water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 tsp fish sauce
- 1 carrot
- ½ a green papaya
- 500ml hot water
- 50ml fish sauce
- 80ml rice vinegar
- 50g sugar
- Pepper, sliced chili, ground garlic, vinegar-soaked garlic
- Squeeze the juice out of the garlic and shallots. Set aside half the mix and combine the other half with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Split evenly among sliced pork and minced pork shoulder. Marinate overnight.
- Pork bites: split the marinated bacon evenly and impale onto 20 bamboo skewers. Grill over charcoal barbecue.
- Lolot leaf-wrapped pork terrine: Marinate minced pork overnight, wrap in lolot leaves, and impale onto the remaining 20 bamboo skewers, or place terrine pieces on a furnace bar. Grill over charcoal, remembering to turn over and grill on both sides.
- Slice carrots and green papaya into desired shape and marinate with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes to remove the juice. Combine dipping sauce ingredients, mixing well, and add pickles.
- Serve grilled meats with rice vermicelli, herbs and vegetables, mixing all ingredients in individual bowls.
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt