Canada’s Wonderland is ready to open its doors this week for the pandemic-altered season.
Seasons passholders will get early access to the park on Monday and Tuesday with the official opening for the general public set for Wednesday.
New protocols for the park include a new online reservation system which requires each guest to have a reservation for their day of visit and time of arrival. There will also be mandatory health screening and temperature checks for guests, associates and vendors prior to entering the park.
Other health regulations:
- Guests age two and older are required to wear a face-covering in all areas unless otherwise designated or while dining seated;
- Physical distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms,
- dining facilities and other park areas;
- Additional hand sanitation stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park
The Splash Works water park opens on July 12 and reservations to the water park will be required for all guests.
The park was closed throughout all of 2020 and has not welcomed guests since December 2019.
Step 2 of Ontario’s reopening plan – which went into effect on June 30 – allows for amusement and water parks to reopen to the public.
We are looking forward to reopening the park and we’re ready to provide safe, fun and unforgettable experiences to all our guests,” said Norm Pirtovshek, GM of Canada’s Wonderland.
“Safety has and will always be Canada’s Wonderland’s number one priority, and that includes the health of our guests and associates. With our new protocols in place, we are eager to offer some long-overdue fun to our guests.”
The park postponed its 2021 reopening due to provincial COVID-19 restrictions in place at the time, saying, “We continue to prepare for a 2021 reopening and look forward to welcoming guests back to Canada’s Wonderland this summer for some long-awaited fun in a safe, outdoor environment.”
This content is also available in: Tiếng Việt