Last year ended with many successful activities by ShareYourLove. The great support of many donors and the collaboration of other charities helped 75 members of the organization including doctors, pharmacists, optometrists, and volunteers assist disadvantaged families in remote areas both physically and mentally.
Eight trips were carried out, bringing gifts of material and spiritual value to those who have difficulties. There was diagnosing and counseling treatment for many patients, wheelchairs donated for the disabled, and prescription eyeglasses provided for people with visual impairments and eye diseases. The fund contributed to the maintenance of facilities that care for orphans, lonely elderly people, the disadvantaged and vulnerable. Children and students had a chance to join in cultural activities, play games and receive gifts such as school supplies, stuffed animals, school bags, bicycles, and clothes. The experience brought laughter and joy.
Below are specific figures on what the fund did in 2018:
Five major three-day trips and three one-day trips:
- January 5-7: Khanh Hoa, Van Phuoc Commune, Van Ninh District. Four hundred people received health examinations and were given medication. Four hundred gifts were given to 400 poor families. Fun group activities were organized and gifts were given to 300 children. The total amount (cash, medicine, gifts) awarded was 148,476,000 VND.
- April 6-8: Kien Giang, My Lam Commune, Hon Dat District. Health examinations and medication was provided for 500 people. Family gifts were given to 500 poor families. Fun activities were organized and gifts given to 400 children. The total amount of money (cash, medicine, gifts) awarded was VND 154,011,000.
- June 1-3: Ninh Thuận, Phuoc Chien Commune, Thuan Bac District. Health examinations and medication provided to 700 people. Five hundred gifts were given to the poor families. Fun activities were organized and gifts given to 600 children. The total amount of money (cash, medicine, gifts) awarded was VND 18,078,000 VND.
- August 25 &26: Dong Nai, Phu Tan Commune, Dinh Quan District. Health examinations and medication were provided to 1,000 people. Five hundred gifts were distributed to poor families. Fun activities were organized and gifts given to 400 children.
The total amount (cash, medicine, gifts) given away was VND 172,948,000.
- December 8&9: Soc Trang, Chau Thanh District. With the collaboration of the doctors from Hung Vuong Hospital, 592 people were given health examinations and medication. Five hundred gifts were given to poor families and fun activities organized for 500 children. The total amount (cash, medicine, gifts) given away was 297,001,000 VND.
- June 9: Ngoc Quang temple (District 8) and Tinh Me Shelter (Thuan An, Binh Duong). Donated gifts and cash in the amount of VND 28,000,000.
- July 9: Binh An Pagoda in Binh Tan District and Duc Quang Shelter in Long Hoa Commune, Binh Dai District, Ben Tre. Provided gifts and cash with a total value of VND 26,180,000.
- September 9: Thien Duyen Shelter in Phu Hoa Dong Commune, Cu Chi District and Ngoc Quang temple. Provided gifts and cash with a total value of VND 23,570,000.
TOTAL AMOUNT AWARDED IN 2018 WAS: 1,036,264,000 VND (~$59,000 CAD)
The management board of ShareYourLove sends its deep gratitude to the organization’s sponsors, donors, doctors, physicians and specialists, and volunteers. It would also like to thank Hung Vuong Hospital’s Red Cross Association, that contributed their energy and materials to these trips. In addition, the board gives thanks to local authorities who coordinated and assisted in the trips’ organization.
Another year has passed, love has been transported and shared with the disadvantaged, unfortunate and vulnerable people of society. The most valuable reward for organizers and supporters of the program were the happy smiles and sparkling eyes of many children.
We welcome 2019. Our love buses will continue to roll on the roads, bringing new hope to people in need. ShareYourLove will continue to carry on its charity mission, providing health checkups, medication, and gifts to the poor people in Phuoc Thanh commune, Phuoc Son district, Quang Nam province in March, 2019.
Nguyen The Nhu Phuong
This post is also available in: Tiếng Việt